5.11.2009

Pahiyas Festival

I was trying to search a bit about the Pahiyas Festival because I will be going to the Festival on Friday for the first time with my family together with my mom's office mates. It was unusual that I when I searched on google for a little history of the Pahiyas Festival of Lucban in Quezon Province, all I could get was blog and photos posts about the Festival. Then I just clicked on the wikipedia link about the Pahiyas Festival. Then I found the Pahiyas Festival website from the wikipedia page.

"Lucban celebrates the Pahiyas Festival every May 15 in honor of the patron saint of farmers, St. Isidore. This festival showcases a street of houses which are adorned with fruits, vegetables, agricultural products, handicrafts and kiping, a rice-made decoration, which afterwards can be eaten grilled or fried. The houses are judged and the best one is proclaimed the winner. Every year, tourists roam the municipality to witness the decoration of houses."


photo from filipinasoul

Can't wait for Friday and experience this very unique festival first hand. I hope for a good weather on Friday so it will be a good day to shoot especially for the lomo cams. Hope I still have film stocks. Hehe

more about the Pahiyas Festival on http://www.pahiyasfestival.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Philippines

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain


See beyond.  Understand sincerely.